To parents & students,
My name is Joe Monaghan and I have been the caterer in Patrician Secondary School, since 2012 and we have come a long way since then. I’m delighted to announce that from this September, we will be launching a new menu with lots more options of hot and cold items. This year we will also provide for your convenience a card reader for those who would prefer to use their card (this includes Revolut) and can be used if pre-ordering on our WhatsApp number also.
After a strange 18 months, we obviously have had to make some changes as to how we do things, so it’s going to be strange for my staff and myself and we will need the co-operation and ask for the patience of our students going forward.
Some of our ideas for the incoming term include;
- Our pre – order service will still be maintained for the big break; this can be done the evening before or up till 11.30am on the day on our WhatsApp 0852153221. This will greatly reduce time and save some unnecessary queuing.
- A self-service coffee machine will be put in place to provide a selection of coffees, teas and a hot chocolate option for the winter months ahead.
- A lot of our items will be available to Grab & Go to minimize the handling of any items between our staff and the student.
- MEAL Deals will still be available at last terms prices i.e.; any hot baguette/lunch of the day, bottle of water and piece of fruit can be pre-ordered for €5 or if ordered for the week and paid in full €17.
- All our hot and cold items are freshly prepared on site every day.
- All our foods are prepared using no polyunsaturated fats and low sodium (we use no salt whatsoever)
- Any of our dressed salads will only be dressed using with a low fat or light variety.
- All of our drinks will be either juices, water or flavoured water with no added sugar or sugar free.
- A lot of our menu will be gluten free where possible, there will be vegetarian options available and our allergen chart is always available. Any queries on allergens in relation to your son can always be discussed with me in advance on the above phone number.
- Our soup is prepared fresh daily using only fresh vegetables and low vegetable stock, with brown bread.
- Our own Pot Noodles are made daily and free from artificial flavourings and of course no added salt.
Check out our menu below for this school year 2021-2022.
Finally, can I take this opportunity to thank all the students and parents for your custom over the years and I look forward to the coming year and meeting some of the old faces and indeed the new ones in our First Years.
Thanks again………. Joe.