Special Needs Education strives to ensure that pupils with specific learning difficulties are catered for in a ‘tutorial’ style environment.
The Special Needs Department provides the following support services:
- Teaching one to one or in small ‘tutorial’ style groups where pupils get maximum attention
- Liaising with Primary Schools to ensure that the transition of pupils with learning needs from Primary to Secondary School is smooth
- Providing support and tuition to pupils with learning difficulties
- Providing individual educational profiles for each pupil
- Regular contact with parents
- Meeting with school psychologist and providing learning assessments